To become an Invest In Kids Recommended Resource, a resource must pass a very careful review process using the following criteria:
- Above all the content must be accurate and referenced for verification.
- The content must also be of practical use to parents.
- Topics should be covered in sufficient depth to present a thorough treatment.
Web Site Criteria
- The site should be easy to navigate so that information is easy to find.
- It should also be interactive enough to encourage participation.
- It should be attractive enough to engage the interest of users.
- Publications should be of good quality in terms of illustrations, printing and binding.
- Publications should be easy to obtain; not out-of print or from some obscure publisher.
- Books for parents should have well-organized content and minimal jargon so as to be readable.
- Books for children should be age appropriate with the right vocabulary and theme for that age.
- Children’s books should also hold a child’s interest and therefore be enjoyable.
- Books should provide children either with examples of how to deal with problems or how to develop good qualities and so promote positive values.
- Books for infants and toddlers should be sturdy and made of cardboard, plastic or laminated paper.