- Express your love and respect for your children each day.
- Notice children's good behaviour and their efforts to make things work.
- Plan ahead to provide a safe play space with interesting and age-appropriate
- Be predictable by providing a routine, being consistent, and following through on
- Set up reasonable limits, expectations, and consequences that relate to each
child's age and temperament.
- Communicate rules, limits and consequences clearly.
- Gradually teach your child to handle a range of emotions.
- Redirect, distract, or use humour to help a child to calm down.
- Offer choices and let them learn from consequences.
- Model problem-solving, negotiating and understanding of others, as well as the
behaviours you want your children to have - teach and lead instead of using force.